Michael Bullock M.Sc. (Fin.), A.C.I.I., Chartered Insurance Practitioner
Michael’s skills include:
- Detailed knowledge of various renewable energy technologies, the assessment of technological risks and their associated engineering challenges;
- Specialist understanding of financial risks and strategic issues associated with renewable energy projects;
- Expertise in weather risk and mitigation, both during and post construction;
- New risk product and market development expertise;
- Contract analysis and negotiation skills;
- Risk consulting to renewable energy industry clients;
- Strong technical insurance expertise.
- 20 years’ insurance broking experience in the London and Bermudian insurance markets, including as founder-director of a Lloyd’s Broker;
- Established a specialist renewable energy underwriting unit in Lloyd’s;
- Assisted, as a founder-director, in establishing a windfarm installation and O & M contractor as a subsidiary of a major Danish-based operation;
- Served as Commercial Director of an offshore renewable energy consultancy;
- Former Head of Financial Risk Mitigation for an offshoot of NAREC;
- Sits on Wave Energy Scotland advisory committee;
- On the finance steering group of the Ocean Energy Forum;
- Presented to academia and industry on the risks associated with various phases of renewable energy projects.
Michael’s consulting and insurance broking clients (including major multi-national enterprises) have included a wide variety of project and technology developers, utilities, technology manufacturers, transmission and distribution line and refinery operators across the energy and other sectors. Michael has a Master’s Degree in Finance from the London Business School.
+44 (0)7584 572 070