William Lloyd, A.C.I.I., Chartered Insurance Practitioner
Bill’s skills include:
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the renewable energy industry’s challenges and opportunities and proven problem-solving capability;
- Extensive awareness of and experience in customer liaison, from turbines to the boardroom;
- Technical understanding of the products and their manufacture, including aspects of revenue loss in both construction and operational phases;
- Using extensive knowledge gained from the insurance sector to find best solutions with experienced insurers available in the market;
- Developing new solutions for windfarm and other renewable industry clients, including interests in wave and tidal technologies;
- Assisting clients in preparing for negotiations with insurers.
- 25 years of underwriting with three international insurance groups to the top levels with major International clients;
- 28 years as Consultant and Broker;
- Started the first Insurance Company in Saudi Arabia in the 1970s;
- 9 years as Account Director for Europe’s largest windfarm, including developing insurance packages, risk management, disaster planning and Bank finance;
- R & D skills have led to new windfarm product lines being crafted, launched and established for both onshore and offshore clients;
- 11 years’ experience in wave and tidal development;
- Technical insurance skills on property and business interruption to the highest levels, with the ability to act as a professional witness in the High Court;
- Speaker at Conferences and seminars on both sides of the Atlantic.
Through his former regulated firm, Wind Forest Consultancy, Bill has acted as:
- Risk Manager to major global wind and solar developer;
- Consultant to various renewables-focussed insurers, brokers and financiers;
- Advisor and Broker to numerous clients, developers and fund managers for European and UK windfarms;
- Adviser and broker to various small hydro, solar and biomass projects, and to an early developer of smart electricity meters.
+44 (0)7887 502 296